Title IX Education and Training
Take a step towards ending sexual violence in Aggieland by learning more about sexual violence and how you can make a difference.
Health Promotion hosts presentations and workshops on a wide variety of topics including: fitness and nutrition; alcohol and/or other drugs; stress relief; time management; sexual health; and interpersonal violence prevention. Check out their EVENTS CALENDAR.
Health Promotion coordinates the following training and programs that directly relate to reducing and eliminating sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, and stalking:
Red Zone Resources Series Video
This is an overview of the Civil Rights and Equity Investigations Office as well as the processes followed when a complaint is received.
Green Dot Bystander Intervention Training
Green Dot Training is a nationally recognized bystander intervention training program offered by Texas A&M.
Green Dot teaches Aggies:
- How to identify potential acts of violence around them
- How to use the power of peer influence to intervene appropriately and safely in high-risk situations
- How to recognize situations that lead to violence and common barriers that prevent people from taking actions
- How to respond in ways that are consistent with their personality and values
Could your class, student organization, or department benefit from knowing more about Green Dot Bystander Intervention? Green Dot offers custom 3.5-hour trainings or 60-minute overviews for interested faculty, staff or student groups upon request. Learn more or request a presentation.
STAND Up Workshops
The STAND Up Workshop trains faculty, staff, and students to have positive and supportive interactions with individuals who have been involved in a traumatic event. It provides information about:
- sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, and stalking; social perspectives;
- the impacts of trauma on the brain;
- listening techniques; tools for mandated reporters; and campus and community resources.
Participants of this workshop will STAND Up for those who are impacted by these issues.
Upon request, Health Promotion can provide presentations on a variety of wellness topics for student organizations, classrooms, residence halls, and other groups of interested students. To request a presentation from Health Promotion, please visit the website below.